Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kari-Lynn’s Kumfort where love is shared


Welcome to my Blog 

Kari-Lynn’s Kumfort


I started crocheting when I was a young girl. Well if you would call it that back then, it was hilarious, of course at the time it was not. All I could do was yes that simple chain. Oh could I make a chain! But that was it. Of course it is not as if I or anyone else could concentrate with 9 other brothers and sisters in the home. You know what it’s like when you are at a loud concert can’t hear yourself think. Well that was me. You should have seen when we all sat down to eat supper at night; my mom would say you are a bunch of vultures. But today I say: we ate everything on our plate 
“where a dog can't even take a lick”. 

And guess what folks yes I am the oldest. So you know how it goes with the oldest, here comes bossy mommy 2 of course you can’t help it because you are considered the responsible one. So I just put my hook away for a long while. Until I got married, I told my husband to be that I did not want to go to work but wanted to be a stay at home mom. He felt the same way which it has been that way ever since. You could say he spoils me. My husband would probably say that is an understatement. But don’t all of us women deserve that? I think so. ;-)Anyway, I really got into crafts of all kinds. But I just could not seem to gravitate to any particular one until we wanted a baby. Well we tried and tried and we could not get pregnant. I am thinking what is up with this. My sister and brothers could spit them out like rabbits. So for 7 years we tried with a lot of tears and pain. So I said, well not meant to be and the doc’s said we could not have any children. So I took some cosmetology courses and then 9/1/2011 came and I guess with all the tears and pain we all shed I found out that I was pregnant. Talk about happy and scared at the same time. So we were married almost 10 years, 2 days shy of our anniversary we had our beautiful son. So I started to pick up crocheting again. I made a lot of scarves. It was so funny because I did not know you were supposed to count your stitches, you should of seen the way the scarves turned out always lop sided and could not figure out why. Until I met this wonderful women, my friend Debbie, who took the time to teach me. We would laugh until our bellies hurt. Once I learned the right way to crochet, off I went and never stopped. I would make scarves like they were going out of style and give them as gifts to our friends.



So here we are today 27 years later with our one child and a beautiful blessing it is.  Now don’t get me wrong a teenager can be tough at times but we would rather have our son act up at home than out in the world as we know it today.   We eat together at least once everyday and always ask him how his day was and always listen to him and never say we are too busy to listen.  And if we are busy at that moment we will ask him to remember his thought and we will get back to him before the day is over.  And we always say how proud we are of him for trying his best.
We have taught him to use manners.  Which is a dying art these days with the younger generation.
Such as: Thank you, Please, Excuse me, Your welcome, open a door or hold a door for women never let it slam on them, open her car door to let her in or out of the car which he does for his Momma now and his Daddy has always done from the day we started dating. Think before you speak.  It’s OK for Men to cry and have feelings.  Never Ever lay your hand on a girl or woman unless your life is threatened, and  that’s when you protect yourself and try to walk away or run and only call 911 if necessary.  Always show empathy, humility and sympathy and always show kindness.  Never let anyone take you for granted or take advantage of you or bully you.  If someone is Bullying you come tell us and we will work together to fix it ASAP.  Keep clean mentally, physically and Spiritually.  Know what truth is.   Using Bible principles has been an incredible useful tool For our family.

It is  not easy and it is time consuming at times but in the long run he will be a man that can treat people with respect have self esteem and dignity for himself and show love for others.  That’s the kind of Man he is becoming.  We as parents put forth every effort in showing him with our own actions.  Not one who says do as I say not as I do.  So far he has become a very beautiful human being.  A sure blessing from above.













1 comment: